Saturday 28 October 2017

Should post something new
Been playing with one of Gormo's ideas (from Platform 1 MRC) which involves applying superglue to paper. This actually makes the paper behave like plastic, quite strong, but still able to be cut easily beforehand.
I had the idea that you could make your own specific advertising signs, then apply the superglue to them, then stick them to where-ever you needed them. they would be quite thin, almost like decals, but would not curl up with age.
So I went searching for brands from my childhood, Shelleys soft drinks, Mrs McGregors margarine, the old Streets logo and Orchy juice.
I then applied these to an old American general store in an attempt to "Australianise" it. Remember that this is only the practice layout for something bigger, but this is to make a proof of concept.
The images were sized using Word, and then printed using a laser printer in basic 80gsm Reflex brand copy paper.; Not sure what would happen with an inkjet. Superglue was then applied to the images then allowed to dry. Once they were dry, and quite rigid, they were stuck to the building. The superglue has made a bit of a washed out, less than crisp finish, which I'm quite happy with. And I have what you can't buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been really slack doing this, but there have been lots of other things eating at my time. It's called life, and any spare time is...